The Conservation Committee is involved in multiple aspects of the conservation of California native plants and their habitat. In addition to direct activity, it acts as an umbrella organization for all of the chapter's conservation activities.
- Attending and speaking at City Council, County Board of Supervisors, Water District, Planning Department and other pertinent public meetings.
- Writing letters and submitting comments
- Collaborating with other environmental organizations
- Advocacy regarding legislation.
- Invasive plant species
- Working with our local Weed Management Area
- Regular weeding of significant habitat
- Restoration efforts
- Vegetation (Ecosystems and habitat)
- Restoration and enhancement of existing habitat
- Creation of new habitat
- Rare and endangered plants
Regular participants should subscribe to the Conservation Committee group.